This custom framework contains the following functionality:
- Ribbon menu bar (from DivElements)
- Navigation frames for the main container and content pages
- MVVM architecture
- MVVM Light Locator to make ViewModels available to Views
- MVVM Light Messenger for content navigation, status updates and logout
- MVVM Light RelayEvent for Commanding in View Models
- MVVM Light EventToCommand for key press binding in ViewModels
- Custom client-side session data management
- Mockable dialog box service
- Custom Silverlight “loader”
- WCF Services (not WCF RIA Services)
- Custom ASP.NET Authentication and login UI
- ASP.NET Authorisation to allow for both secure and unsecure services
- Text to Path web service to generate Xaml Path data from any string & font
Navigation with the Ribbon and MVVM Light Messenger
The Ribbon button has a tag property that has the desired Uri set as its content.
When the button is clicked, a message is sent that contains the desired Uri.
The messenger listener receives the message and calls the ContentFrame.NavigateTo method.
Click here to download the source code:
PS Prefer a Treeview Menu to the Ribbon?
If you prefer the style of a Tree View menu, which is free compared to the Ribbon which is licensed, you can check out my blog posting here.