Using PhoneGap to build my Android package from GitHub here are the steps to publish to Google Play.
1. Store your app source code in github (mine is open source so github and phonegap build services are free).
2. Install the latest jdk on your computer: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
3. Create a key using the keytool, by opening a command prompt:
cd "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_15\bin"
keytool -genkey -v -keystore itineraryhuntermobile-key.keystore -alias itineraryhuntermobile -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000
(replacing itineraryhuntermobile with the name of your application)
3. Add your key to phonegap build cloud services:
5. Use http://build.phonegap.com to rebuild and download the APK file
Once you’ve assigned your key to the Android section, entered your password which phonegap store for one hour, you can rebuild a release version of your apk file.
6. Register with Google Play, pay the $25 developer fee and fill out the application details including application screenshots:
7. Wake up the next morning and your app will be in the Google Play store:
You can find it in Google Play here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=itinerary.hunter.mobile